Sunday, September 12, 2010

Progress on the ‘turn a house to a home’ frontier

Chris and I bought a house at the end of June.

Here’s Chris mailing our first mortgage payment.

Yikes, that was painful.

IMG_0018

 

While I’m not living there yet

(we’re waiting until we get married to move in together)

there’s no rule that says I have to wait

until we’re married to make it fabulous!

 

I don’t really have any amazing photos yet of the transformation;

they’ll come later in a big reveal!

 

but for now…

here is one corner of the living room:

This is a big chair that some friends of my parents gave to us.

My 2 favorite paintings are on the wall behind it

I can’t, for the life of me, find a lampshade long enough to fit this tall lamp properly.

IMG_0206

 

here is my fabulous green chair from world market

along with the green lamps I spray painted earlier

IMG_0209

 

and now begins the process of removing hideous wallpaper

and applying a bazillion coats of primer

to cover over red paint in the kitchen …

IMG_0216 

Chris vs. Wallpaper

IMG_0215 

ps: comes of much nicer with a heavy-duty steamer, but still a very tedious process.

 

me vs. primer

the primer won…. this time.

(eek…crazy eyes!)

IMG_0218

 

by the way, that little bit of primer was hiding on my elbow

(in the shape of a heart, I might add)

for at least 24 hours after I’d showered

I wonder what clients at work thought?

why didn’t anyone tell me!!!

and how did I not notice it when I brushed my

teeth or did my hair that morning?

hmmm…

silly paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment